The event was dedicated to the 60th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space. The event was organized by the Hindi group sophomores Alena Plotnikova, Sofiya Kiseleva, Ekaterina Moskalenko, Amina Mukhametkhanova, Alina Fasakhova, Maria Skorobogatova and Arina Novikova (1st year MA student).
The welcoming speech was delivered by:
His Excellency D. Bala Venkatesh Varma, Ambassador of India to Russia
Dr. Sergey Fandeev, Director of the Russian Centre of Science and Culture (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)
Dr. Galina Kislik, professor
Dr. Kandarpa Das, Vice-Chancellor of the Krishnakanta Handique State Open University
Mrs. Maria Pushkova, Director of the Benelux Center, Russian State University for the Humanities
Dr. Anagha Bhat-Behere, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)
Mrs. Vidya Swarge-Madane, Head, Department of Russian Language, Russian Center for Science and Culture (Mumbai, India)
Dr. Mikhail Kabitsky, Associate Professor of the Center for Social Anthropology (RSUH)
RSUH students and students of Indian universities recited poems about space missions in different languages. The students of the Russian Center for Science and Culture (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India) were Domitilla Valadares Varda Dalal RSUH students (recited poetry in Dutch):
Elizaveta Klishina and Anastasia Borisova. Poem by Marjolin van Hemstra "Aaneenruimtevaarder/Cosmonaut" (2016).
Ksenia Chulkova and Anastasia Poluektova. The poem "Mijnraket/My rocket".
Ulyana Borisova and Alexandra Bakhareva. Poem by Frans Van Kesteren "Hemelse Gedachten/Heavenly Thoughts" (2020).
Polina Tikhonova and Alexander Poverinov. Poem by Hermann Gorter "Het heelal/Universe" (1952).
Anna Popova. Metske's poem "Ruimte/Cosmos" (2016).
Students of the Savitribai Phule Pune University (Pune, Maharashtra, India):
1. Pranali Nagesh Shinde, 3rd year undergrad student, Department of Foreign Languages.
2. Mr. Shrihari Rohini Joshi, student, Department of Foreign Languages.
3. Nitin Brahme, student, Department of Foreign Languages.
4. Renu Gill, Department of Foreign Languages.
RSUH Center for Social Anthropology:
Elizaveta Kuznetsova. Jane Yolen's poem "Letter to the Moon" (1995) in English and haiku "Writing poems, Mars ...", "Mars, your secret is ..." in the author's translation into Russian.
RSUH students reciting poems in Spanish:
1. Grigory Shchukin, student, Institute of Philology and History.
2. Artyom Malakhov, student, Institute of Linguistics.
RSUH students reciting poems in Hindi:
1. Ekaterina Moskalenko, the poem by the Indian poet Triloka Sinha Thakurel "Flight into space" in Hindi.
2. Sofya Kiseleva. An excerpt from the poem by the Chinese poet Qu Yuan "Heavenly Questions" in Chinese and in the author's translation into Russian.
3. Amina Mukhametkhanova. The poem by the Japanese poet Jun Takami "Cosmos" translated by Anil Janwijaya in Hindi and in the author's translation into Russian.
4. Maria Skorobogatova. The poem by the Indian poet AnupSethi "Cosmos" in Hindi.
5. Alina Fasakhova. The poem by the Indian poet Prasoon Joshi "Team Chandrayan" in Hindi.
6. Alena Plotnikova. The poem by the Indian poet CharuShikh "Silent Cosmos" in Hindi.
7. Arina Novikova. The poem by the Chilean poet Nikanor Parr Sandoval "Yuri Gagarin" (1914) in Spanish and in the author's translation into Russian.