Attention! On December 29, 2021, Federal Law No. 274-ФЗ of July 1, 2021 “On Amendments to the Federal Law “On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation” and the Federal Law “On State Fingerprint Registration in the Russian Federation” came into force. In accordance with this Law, foreign citizens who entered the Russian Federation after December 29, 2021 are subject to mandatory fingerprint registration, photographing and a medical examination, and in order to legally stay on the territory of the Russian Federation, they must have the following documents:
● A document confirming that a foreign citizen or stateless person has passed the mandatory state fingerprint registration and photographing. It is issued by the local bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. It is a laminated card with a picture and personal data.
● Documents on passing a medical examination issued by authorized medical organizations. The following sanctions may be applied to persons who have not passed the established procedures or have passed them past the deadline: a fine, a reduction in the period of stay in Russia.
The following sanctions may be applied to persons who have not complied with the established procedures or have passed past the deadline: a fine, a reduction in the period of stay in Russia.
All students arriving after 12/29/2021 must, within 90 calendar days from the date of entry into the Russian Federation, undergo the following procedures:
1. You need to undergo a medical examination (for the list of medical organizations see the Appendix).
2. You need to provide the results of the medical examination for fingerprinting and photography.
— citizens of the Republic of Belarus;
— foreign citizens with a temporary residence permit, a residence permit or a passport of the Russian Federation – you should notify the International Office by email@example.com attaching a scanned copy of the supporting document.
— family members of officials of international (interstate, intergovernmental) organizations, as well as employees of diplomatic and consular institutions in Russia.
— foreign students who arrived before 12/29/2021 and have not left the territory of Russia are not required to go through these procedures until they leave Russia and then need to re-enter.
— due to the fact that the mandatory state fingerprint registration and photographing are carried out by the Internal Affairs only once and result in the issuance of a card that does not have an expiration date, the foreign citizens who entered the territory of the Russian Federation before December 29, 2021, have the right to go through this procedure in advance, without waiting till they leave and re-enter the Russian Federation.
For those arriving for longer than 90 days - within 90 calendar days from the date of entry.
You must bring:
● you ID and its notarized copy with translation into Russian (if necessary);
● certificate of the absence of HIV and other documents confirming your medical clearance
● migration card and its copy;
● visa and its copy;
● notice of arrival.
1. Medical examination: See the Appendix. You need to undergo medical examination 1 time per calendar year.
Important! In the event of the expiration of the documents, you will need to pass the med exam again within 30 calendar days. The authorities also take into account any medical documentation about examinations you underwent earlier.
2. The procedure for fingerprint registration and photography is carried out by migration departments of the local bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia (https://mvd.rf/). The service is free. The procedure is carried out once, regardless of the number of entries into Russia.
The students living in the Kirovogradskaya dorm: you must contact the Ministry of Internal Affairs at the following address: Kashirskoye Shosse 76 (Kashirskaya metro station, then to "Zavod Polimetallov").
The students living in the Miusskaya dorm, go to the following address: Moscow, Barrikadnaya Street 4, building 2.
Students registered at the address of actual residence must find out the address of the local migration office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. It is also recommended that you find out the work schedule of the office you plan to visit (https://pvsmvd.ru and https://mc. mos.ru/ru).
Those who have previously undergone fingerprint registration and photography, including when obtaining a patent, are exempted from these procedures. These foreign citizens need to apply for the card to the local body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia at the place of actual residence.
If you do not fulfill these obligations, the authorities will have the right to reduce the period of your temporary stay in the Russian Federation.
You must contact any of the departments listed above, and the document will be issued again.
Yes, you do! It is necessary to promptly inform us and bring or send the supporting documents to the visa department of the International Office, bld. 6, office 304.
• e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• telephone +7 (495) 250 6354