RSUH Admissions-2021 answering questions regarding international students
	 RSUH Admissions-2021 answering questions regarding international students

RSUH Admissions-2021 answering questions regarding international students

Representatives of RSUH Admissions answered the questions of international applicants.

— Are there separate admission spots for international applicants? Or do they participate in the same competition as the Russian applicants?

— Citizens of some countries will compete on an equal basis with citizens of the Russian Federation. These are citizens of the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and the Republic of Tajikistan living on the territory of their countries.

The second category of such applicants are citizens of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova, the Republic of Tajikistan, the Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Turkmenistan and Georgia who permanently reside in the Russian Federation with a residence permit.

The third category is compatriots living abroad (documented status). The Admissions must be provided with the applicant's passport and birth certificate as well as the passport and birth certificate of a family member who bestowed this status on the applicant.

It is imperative to make a notarized translation of documents, if they are in a foreign language. RSUH can accept documents in English without translation.

— What majors can foreign citizens apply to tuition-free?

— Foreign applicants included in the above categories can apply to tuition-free spots in the majors/tracks where such spots are provided.

— Do foreign applicants need to take entrance examinations (EA)?

— Yes, if the applicant did not take the Unified State Exam, then he must take the EA. If the USE was taken, then the applicant has the right to take EA and them choose the best result.

— What documents are required for international applicants?

— List of documents required to be considered for admission:

  • A copy and translation of the passport (notarized). If you have a Russian visa or registration in the Russian Federation, you also need to attach these documents.
  • Document of previous education with transcripts (grades).
  • Certificates and diplomas obtained in some countries require legalization/apostille. Detailed information on can be found here.
  • 2 photos 3X4 cm (matte).
  • Medical certificate in the form 086-y including X-ray of the lungs (fluorography).
  • Medical certificate certifying absence of HIV/AIDS, issued not earlier than 3 months prior to application.
  • Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation (compulsory medical insurance, voluntary medical insurance).

— Do international applicants need to be vaccinated against covid-19?

— We are awaiting decrees from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation on this issue. As soon as information appears, it will be posted here and here.

— How much is tuition for international students?

— Tuition fees are the same for all applicants.

— Are there adaptation programs for international students?

There is a program for the sociocultural adaptation of students. RSUH provides physical, moral and emotional support. We are always trying to help our students. Each faculty has a person responsible for working with international students. There is a "Tandem" program whereby a Russian student is assigned to an international student to help with social, cultural and transportation-related adaptation.

— Can foreign citizens transfer to RSUH from another foreign university?

— Yes. To do this, you need to contact the International Office.

The best way to go about it is to send a complete package of documents: a transcript and a certificate that you are still a student of the university so that we can immediately assess the chances of transferring.

— How to fill in the SNILS (СНИЛС) field if you are a foreign applicant?

— This can be done in several ways (depending on your browser):

  • Type in a dash,
  • Type in N/A,
  • Type in zeros.

— What needs to be done to enter the prep faculty?

— You need to collect documents, submit them and pay the tuition fee. Then, if your country is open, RSUH will issue an invitation, enabling you to obtain a visa and come to RF. If visa is not required, then we immediately register you in the State Service (ГОСУСЛУГИ) system. After that, the studies will begin.

The studies at the prep faculty for foreign citizens is scheduled for October 1. Information about the documents and the exact tuition figures will appear by August.

Contact us by e-mail:

— How is visa support carried out?

— Visa support is provided to all students. As soon as the applicant is admitted as freshman, the invitation is issued, it takes 20-30 working days. Then a visa needs to be issued, and then the international student can come to Russia.

If the foreign applicant is already on the territory of the Russian Federation, but wants to leave and return with a student status, it is entirely possible. If you want to extend the visa without leaving Russia, then this should be registered with Admissions, as the visa is extended only after the official admission.

— Is there a dorm for international students? And where is it located?

— Dorm spots are preferentially provided to teh intramural tuition-free students.

International citizens need to register at the place of their actual stay. If the international student plans to rent, then a registration at the RSUH dormitory is impossible.

 Dorm addresses: Kirovogradskaya St., 25 (metro Ulitsa Akademika Yangelya). There is a second dormitory on campus (Miusskaya square).