The Readings this year are dedicated to the discussion of some ideas related to the problem of evil. We will discuss the images of evil in the history of philosophy.
December 9-11, 2021
Faculty of Philosophy
Topics to be discussed:
1. Is evil absolute?
2. Is evil relative?
3. Evil and transcendence.
4. Is evil is necessary?
5. Evil as a paradox.
6. Evil and the need for suffering.
7. Evil and the possibility of happiness.
Philosophers, historians, culturologists and theologians are invited to participate. The Conference will be held in a mixed format.
Chairman: Professor Gubin
Deputy Chairman: Professor Konacheva
Members of the steering committee:
Secretary: Ms. Volkova
Application deadline November 15, 2021
The application must contain:
- Title and abstract (up to 1000 characters)
- Name, title and position of the author
- Place of employment- Contact information (phone, email)