CALL FOR EXTENSIONS
For doctorates, post-doctorates and staff grantees that were selected for Aurora or Aurora II grant in 2013 and 2014 (Aurora 1st and 2nd Cohort and Aurora II 1st Cohort).
Erasmus Mundus Aurora and Aurora II projects launch a Call for Extensions on 30 April 2015. The extensions are available for doctorate, post-doctorate and staff grantees for study, research and professional visit purposes. All the eligible applicants are informed via e-mail. The deadline for applications is 13 May 2015.
Who can apply for extension?
Grantee may apply for the extension if the application meets all three following requirements:
1) The extended mobility will end latest 31 May 2016 (Aurora grantees) or 31 May 2017 (Aurora II grantees). No extension reaching beyond these dates will be granted!
2) Total exchange period with extension will not exceed the maximum duration set for the mobilities. The maximum durations are:
Doctorates - 33 months
Post-doctorates - 10 months
Academic staff - 3 months
3) The applicant has an academic purpose for the extension.
N.B. No additional travel grant. The applicants, who have already returned to the home country may apply for extension but the travel expenses are on own cost. The applicants, who are still in hosting country, must carry out all the additional costs that occur due to the change in flight schedule.
How to apply for extension:
In order to apply for the extension the applicant must send the following documents to the hosting university Aurora coordinator:
- The application form (template sent to the prospective applicants via e-mail)
- Home university’s recommendation letter. (Compulsory for TG1 grantees, and TG2 and TG3 grantees who are registered also in other than hosting university.)
- Letter of Support by the scientific supervisor or study programme´s academic coordinator at the host university
- Research/Teaching/Working Plan
Timetable of the Call
- Call for Extensions is open 30.4.-13.5.2015
- The results will be sent to the applicants via e-mail latest by 22 May 2015